Your first appointment with our Foley oral surgeon will consist of a consultation where Dr. Miller explains your diagnosis and treatment options and answers any questions you have. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as your consultation, saving you an extra trip to our office. However, if you have a complex medical history or treatment plan, we’ll need to do a thorough evaluation and schedule a second appointment for your treatment. In either case, we’ll make sure you feel fully informed and confident about your treatment decisions.
Information to Bring to Your Initial Consultation
To save time and help us develop your treatment plan, please have the following information with you at your initial visit:
- Your surgical referral slip
- Any x-rays if applicable (note: if your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, we may request that they forward them to our office. If there’s not enough time, you can pick them up from them and bring them with you to the appointment. If additional x-rays are necessary, we can take them at our practice)
- A list of medications you’re presently taking
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will help us process any claims for you more quickly.
- Online Patient Registration Form (New Patients)
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at their consultation.
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination are mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. Additionally, if you’re receiving anesthesia, please don’t drink or eat anything six hours prior to your surgery. You’ll also need an adult to drive you home.
- Please alert the office if you have medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) of if you’re currently taking any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
Whether you have aesthetic or oral health concerns, we’ve got you covered. Schedule a visit to meet with our Foley oral surgeon.